There are a ton of graphic design jobs out there, with more being created all the time. Here, we’ll take a quick look at some of the graphic design jobs, and career pathways.
10. Comic Artist: If you have a love of comics or simply art in general, being a member of a comic team can be a lot of fun. The number of comics and graphic novels being produced has risen dramatically in the last few years, and readership for graphic novels is higher than it has ever been. Comics are a financially tough field to work in though, making this number ten on the list of the top ten graphic design jobs and career pathways.
9. Aerospace Artist: Graphic designers for aeronautics companies are actually the second-highest paid group of graphic designers in the country, and get the fantastic job of doing their work on commercial, domestic, and private aircraft. Some of the lucky ones even get to work on spacecraft and have their design skills seen by millions.
8. Set Designer: Working on sets, be they for stage performances or movies, is a great way to show off your skills in a number of different settings.
7. Freelance Designer: Working a freelance design job is a popular way for designers to make money, especially if you run your own private design firm. This is a great way to stay active and busy on a number of different types of projects.
6. Movie Artist: Even live action movies need graphic designers for a variety of different things, and getting to work in close proximity with the stars is a nice side bonus, putting this job squarely in the middle of the top ten graphic design jobs and career pathways.
5. Corporate Graphic Design: Designing things like corporate logos, the looks of different products, and even company stationary is a well-paid and fun position.
4. Web Design: There is always a huge demand for web design artists, and being at the forefront of electronic media is definitely a cool job.
3. Video Game Artist: Getting to work on modern video games will allow graphic designers to really show their skills, and a huge array of different designers is needed for any given game. There are animators, modelers, concept artists, interface artists, FMV animators, and on and on. Working on games is a popular and lucrative business.
2. Animator: Companies like Pixar have really set the bar high when it comes to animated movies, and getting a chance to work with professionals who have been in the industry years is a great way to do what you love.
1. Graphic Designer for the Executive Branch of the United States Government: That’s right, the President of the United States has a team of graphic designers. These people receive the highest salaries out of any graphic designers in the country, not to mention the fact that you get to do graphic design for the President himself, making this job number one on the list of the top ten graphic design jobs and career pathways.